History Of Raksha Bandhan- An Occasion Of Love, Strength & Devotion
In Sanskrit, Raksha Bandhan stands for “the bond of protection, obligation and care.”
Raksha Bandhan is an Indian custom and an auspicious ceremony that celebrates the bond of siblinghood. In this ceremony, sisters tie a Rakhi on their brother’s wrist and pray for the long life and complete wellbeing of their brother. It is one of the significant festivals in Indian culture that celebrates the sacred siblinghood of love, respect, and trust for each other.
The festival is celebrated on the full moon day of Hindu calendar month of Shravana Purnima, typically falling in August.
According to Hindu mythology, when the battle ensued between the Gods and the demons, it continued for 12 long years and ultimately, the demons won the battle, captured Lord Indra’s throne and began ruling the three Worlds. Lord Indra went to Brihaspati who advised him to chant certain mantras and tied a thread around his wrist. He did so on Full Moon day and ultimately, gained strength which helped him get back the throne and win the battle. Since then, Raksha Bandhan is recognized as a festival where sisters pray for the long life of their brothers and in return, brothers promise to protect their sisters against all odds. Rakhi is not merely a silk thread or mauli but a strong and sacred symbol of bond.
How Is Raksha Bandhan Celebrated?
Since centuries till this date, the festival is revered and celebrated all across the country, shunning all caste barriers. On the day of Raksha Bandhan, siblings adorn new clothes, perform a pooja and then, sister puts tilak, ties the mauli and feeds sweets to the brother who in return, gives a return gift to her. However, in various parts of India, it is celebrated differently. For instance, in West Bengal, it marks the end of the 5 day ritual of Jhulan Purnima. On this day, Lord Krishna and Radha are settled on the jhula and decorated with flowers. In Rajasthan, the sisters tie Rakhi on brother’s wrist and Lumba Rakhi on the wrist of brother’s wife. In Maharashtra, Narali Purnima is celebrated along with Raksha Bandhan when the Koli community offers respect to Lord Varun by offering coconut to the sea.
Raksha Bandhan is usually performed with brothers and sisters together but in today’s generation, the hustle and bustle of life is inevitable. Therefore, in today’s time, even if you are far apart, you can celebrate the occasion with your siblings, thanks to the era of digitalization. Even if you are apart, you can easily send Rakhi online and rakhi gifts for your sister online and curb the gap, no matter whether you are cities away or countries away.
This Raksha Bandhan 2021, Send Love To Your Sibling With Scintillating Rakhi Gifts Online
On this auspicious day, Raksha Bandhan gifts are the gesture of showing love and affection for the brother and sister to each other. There are some customary Rakhi gifts for this festival and all are more emotional stuffs that simply show the love and concern between the siblings. It is a family based festival where Rakhi gifts for sisters as well as Rakhi gifts for brothers are chosen with complete focus on personalization. At www.tiedribbons.com, we completely understand the emotional value of these Raksha Bandhan gifts and therefore we have crafted a vast assortment for Raksha Bandhan 2021.
Our list of online Rakhi and Rakhi gifts are interesting and of varied range. Regardless of your budget, you will get to purchase from here cute and sweet Rakhi gifts online for your sister/brother. You can buy Rakhi online along with Rakhi gifts under your budget without compromising the quality of the gift. With our festive discounts and offers, we ensure expressing your love does not cause a hole in your pocket. If you are seeking the best Rakhi gifts for your brother or sister, below are some options:
|Rakhi Gifts For Brother||Rakhi Gifts For Sister|
|Rakhi with Dry Fruits||Customised Cushion with Artificial Flowers|
|Rakhi with Chocolates||Coffee Mug with Key chain|
|Rakhi with Greeting cards||Customised Flask with Greeting card|
|Rakhi with Soft Toys||Ferrero Rocher with Coffee Mug|
|Rakhi with Cushions||Coffee Mug with Soft toys|
|Rakhi with Coffee Mugs||Best Sister Medal with Greeting cards|
|Rakhi with Plants||Best Sister Trophy with Photo Frame|
|Rakhi with God Idols||Customised Cushion with God Idols|
|Rakhi with Framed Posters||Chocolate Hamper with Decorative Lantern|
You can do online Rakhi shopping in India and buy Rakhi combos with sweets, chocolates, dry fruits, flowers, potted plants, and many others along with beautiful Rakhis made of stones, beads, and other organic materials, etc. Using our fastrack online Rakhi delivery in India, you can send Rakhi to India without any hassle to celebrate this ceremony, no matter where your brother/sister resides
Explore Best Rakhi Types For Raksha Bandhan 2021 From TiedRibbons, India’s Best Online Gift Shop
Following are some of the exciting rakhis online at our trusted online Rakhi store:
This is an awesome looking glittering rakhi variety for you. Here, pure silver is used for making these lovely rakhi threads and they will surely add more elegance and help you pamper your brother to the fullest. Silver signifies prosperity and richness and thus this rakhi would fetch more luck to your brother.
We also maintain a dedicated section for offering Kids Rakhi, such as cartoon rakhi, Doraemon rakhi, minion rakhi, Tom and Jerry rakhi, etc. You can order these kids rakhi online to make the festival more fun-filled and thrilling for your kids.
Celebrating the traditional festivals with family will help children in gaining knowledge about their culture and tradition. In order to buy Rakhi gifts online you can trust www.tiedribbons.com.
Send Rakhi Online Abroad With Our International Rakhi Delivery & Enjoy Zero HassleGOLD RAKHI
Show your brother how exquisite he is! Treat your brother like a prince with this exclusive Gold Rakhi. The reverence of Raksha Bandhan would be improved with this treasurable Rakhi thread. Gold implies love, bravery, sympathy, perception, passion, and magic.
Also acknowledged by the name of dearly Bhaiya-Bhabhi rakhi, this rakhi comes in a pair. If you love your sister-in-law as you love your brother and wish to grow a resilient bond with both of them, then your best option is lumba rakhi online. It will be your best gift for them at the ceremony of Raksha Bandhan.
Mauli is counted as a holy thread in Hindu religion, which is held on the wrist of people on auspicious occasions like Raksha Bandhan. You can select and send mauli rakhi for your dearly brother on Raksha Bandhan because of its exclusive look and sacred vibes.
Designer rakhis are the impeccable choice for girls who are picky and always love to offer their brothers something really elegant and exclusive. Made with exclusive stones, diamonds, zardozi, pearl, silver, and gold, etc. these rakhis not only look attractive on the wrist of your brother it will show your classic taste as well.
Rudraksh is quite renowned for its supernatural and therapeutic properties that also improves one’s mental power and self-awareness. You can buy Rudraksh rakhi online for your brother on Raksha Bandhan festival, which will help in improving his mental and psychic progress.
Do you want to make the rakhi festivity more electrifying and unforgettable for your brother? If yes, you may order a personalized rakhi online for him.
Get an impressive picture of both of you printed on the rakhi and tie it on his wrist, which will certainly ignite the memories related to that picture in his mind.
At TiedRibbons, we ensure to provide you not just with the best Rakhi options but with also a hassle free online delivery. Therefore, apart from online Rakhi shopping in India from Tied Ribbons, you can also send Rakhi abroad from our online portal. We deliver in popular countries worldwide namely USA, UK, Dubai, Australia, Canada, Germany, Malaysia, New Zealand and so forth. You can, thus, opt for online delivery of Rakhi internationally at minimal cost. We have various delivery options available like same day delivery, midnight delivery, fixed time delivery, early morning delivery, express delivery and so forth.
With Tied Ribbons, you can sit in the comfort of your home and order Rakhi online to anywhere in India and abroad with just a few clicks and leave the rest to us. We will ensure to send Rakhi online to your destined place and bring a smile on the recipient’s face with the surprise of doorstep delivery. So, this Raksha Bandhan, celebrate the occasion with your siblings with the best Rakhi options from Tied Ribbons and express your emotions in the most love filled way.
Trivia of Raksha Bandhan
Raksha Bandhan is mainly recognized as a Hindu festival, but now, this is not any longer limited to this belief. People belonging to all caste, religion, or color may tie a Rakhi as a sign of love, care, and friendship. Your brother/sister can do it easily. Let’s take a quick look.
- There is a practice of tying a Rakhi on the wrist of the Bhabhi or Sister-In-Law in Rajasthan and this Rakhi is identified as Lumba Rakhi.
- A Rakhi is tied to God in Rajasthan and this divine one is known as Ram Rakhi.
- As per the traditional culture and conservative beliefs, a Rakhi should be tied to the right wrist of the brother only.
- Raksha Bandhan is a key festival for the people residing in the sea coastal area. Actually, Raksha Bandhan is celebrated during the retreating monsoon period which is the time when the turbulent sea gets sober. It is the time of the new fishing season. The fishermen offer coconut to the sea God (Lord Varun) as a gesture of showing gratitude to Him.
- In Gujarat, people worship Lord Shiva on this auspicious day. It is believed that anyone who prays to Lord Shiva on this lucky day gets rid of all sins.
- In Gujarat, a discrete thread called Pavitropana is knotted around the Shivalinga on the day of Raksha Bandhan. This cord is made from cotton threads and Kasa grass tangled and tied together. It is then kept soaked in a blend of five cow products and the mix is called Panchgaivya. It is made of cow milk, cow’s ghee, cow milk’s curd, cow dung, and cow urine.
- In the Eastern part of India or in West Bengal, the Raksha Bandhan celebration is done between the brothers and sisters, and immediately after this ceremony another festival called Jhulan Yatra is celebrated. It signifies the romance between Lord Krishna and Radha. The Vaishnavas celebrate this day by a week-long exhibition of attractively decorated swings and they stay engaged in songs and dances in the praise of Lord Krishna.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I want to buy Rakhi combos for my brother. What are the options?
- You can choose Rakhi with dry fruits, Rakhi with chocolates, Rakhi with Rakhi thali and sweets, Rakhi with God idols etc. You can explore over 1000+ options with us.
2. Can I send Rakhi return gifts for my sister in India?
- Yes. If you are living abroad, you can send Rakhi gifts to India. Choose the gift, fill the address, make the payment and we will provide doorstep delivery.
3. I live in India. I want to send Rakhi abroad from India. Is it possible?
- Yes, we provide international rakhi delivery services. So you can send Rakhi worldwide. Some of the popular countries for Rakhi delivery include the USA, UK, Dubai, Australia, Canada, Germany, Malaysia and New Zealand.
4. Where can I find the latest Rakhi collection?
- You can visit our website and choose the Rakhi category to find the latest and unique collection of Rakhi and gifts.
5. What are the Rakhi delivery options available?
- We have options like same day delivery, early morning delivery, midnight delivery, express delivery and fixed time delivery options.
6. Will I be charged with delivery fee for sending Rakhi online?
- We charge a very nominal shipping fee for special delivery services like same day and midnight delivery along with international delivery services.
7. I want to send Rakhi today. How can I do that?
- Yes, you can choose the option of same day delivery and get today delivery of Rakhi without any hassle.
8. Are there discounts for online Rakhi order from Tied Ribbons?
Tied Ribbons comes up with various festive discounts and offers from time to time. You can subscribe to our newsletter to be alert about our offers.